Roots Analysis has announced the addition of “Antibody Discovery: Services and Platforms Market (3rd Edition), 2020-2030” report to its list of offerings.
The development of such biologics is inherently complex, and many drug developers are now seeking to optimize RD efficiency and affiliated costs. As a result, innovator companies are outsourcing most of their discovery-stage operations to specialty contract research organizations (CROs), which offer a plethora of advanced technologies to cater to the evolving needs. It is also worth highlighting that stakeholders engaged in this domain are actively undertaking initiatives to develop interventions for SARS-CoV-2 virus.
To order this 450+ page report, which features 120+ figures and 140+ tables, please visit this - https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/view_document/antibody-discovery-services-and-platforms/213.html
Key Market Insights
Presently, more than 80 players claim to offer services for antibody discovery
Over 90% of the aforementioned players provide services for hit generation, followed by those offering services for antibody humanization (58%). It is worth mentioning that five service providers claim to have the required expertise to serve as one-stop-shops for all the antibody discovery steps.
More than 120 companies offer antibody discovery platforms
It is worth highlighting that close to 180 technologies focused on antibody discovery are presently available in the market. Further, nearly 50% platforms use library-based methods to discover antibodies. Amongst these, phage display is currently the most widely used technique. This is followed by single cell-based methods (20%).
Partnership activity within this domain has grown at a CAGR of 18%, between 2015 and 2020
In the last five years, more than 400 agreements were inked related to antibody discovery, with the maximum activity being reported in 2018. Majority of partnership deals signed within this domain were licensing agreements (25%), product development and commercialization agreements (24%), and RD agreements (18%).
Nearly USD 7 billion has been invested in the antibody discovery domain, during 2016-2020
The aforementioned amount was raised across more than 140 funding instances. It is important to mention that, in 2019-2020, over USD 2 billion was raised by antibody discovery service and platform providers across close to 40 instances. Majority of the funding in this year was acquired through venture capital rounds (42%), grants (20%), and instances of initial public offering (10%).
The antibody discovery services market is anticipated to be worth over USD 6 billion by 2030
Majority of the market opportunity (60%) is expected to be generated from antibody services offered through phage display and hybridoma based methods, followed by those using transgenic animal based methods; this trend is unlikely to change in the foreseen future as well.
The licensing market opportunity for antibody discovery platforms is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of close to 10%, during 2020-2030
By 2030, North America is estimated to capture over 50% (in terms of revenues generated) share of the antibody discovery platforms market. It is worth mentioning that the market for antibody discovery platforms in Asia-pacific is anticipated to grow at a relatively faster pace, during the forecast period.
To request a sample copy / brochure of this report, please visit this -https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/213/request-sample.html
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the leading players engaged in offering services and platforms for antibody discovery?
- What are the most popular types of services offered for antibody discovery?
- Who are the key opinion leaders from renowned academic and research institutes that can help you drive efforts related to antibody discovery?
- What is the trend of capital investments being made in the antibody discovery market?
- Which partnership models are most commonly adopted by stakeholders engaged in this industry?
- What are the opportunities for antibody discovery service and platform providers in emerging markets?
- How is the current and future opportunity likely to be distributed across key market segments?
The USD 6.5 billion (by 2030) financial opportunity within the antibody discovery services market has been analyzed across the following segments:
- Steps Involved in the Antibody Discovery Process
- Antigen Designing
- Hit Generation
- Lead Selection
- Lead Optimization
- Lead Characterization
- Antibody Discovery Method Used
- Phage Display
- Transgenic Animal
- Yeast Display
- Single Cell
- Nature of Antibody Generated
- Key Geographical Regions
- North America
- Asia Pacific and Rest of the World
The USD 5.9 billion (by 2030) financial opportunity within the antibody discovery platforms market has been analysed across the following segments:
- Type of Payment
- Upfront Payments
- Milestone Payments
- Key Geographical Regions
- North America
- Asia Pacific
The report features inputs from eminent industry stakeholders, according to whom, in the foreseen future, competition within antibody discovery services and platforms is expected to grow significantly, resulting in an increase in the overall market value. The report includes detailed transcripts of discussions held with the following experts:
- Tracey Mullen (Chief Executive Officer, Abveris Antibody)
- Lisa Delouise (Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Nidus Biosciences)
- Mark Kubik (Chief Business Officer, AvantGen)
- Chun-Nan Chen (Chief Executive Officer and Chief Scientific Officer, Single Cell Technology)
- Giles Day (Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Distributed Bio)
- Kevin Heyries (Co-Founder and Lead of Business Development Strategy, AbCellera)
- Sanjiban K Banerjee (Director, AbGenics Life Sciences)
- Ignacio Pino (Chief Executive Officer and President, CDI Laboratories)
- Jeng Her (Chief Executive Officer, AP Biosciences)
- Thomas Schirrmann (Chief Executive Officer and General Manager, YUMAB)
- Debra Valsamis (Business Development Associate, Antibody Solutions)
- Christel Iffland (Vice President, Ligand Pharmaceuticals)
- Aaron Sato (former Chief Scientific Officer, LakePharma)
The research includes detailed profiles of key players (listed below); each profile features an overview of the company, its financial information (if available), a description of the platform(s) / service(s) offered, details of recent developments related to antibody discovery and an informed future outlook.
- Abwiz Bio
- Aragen Bioscience
- Creative Biolabs
- Distributed Bio
- Harbour BioMed
- HD Biosciences
- ImmunoPrecise Antibodies
- Integral Molecular
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals
- Syd Labs
- Viva Biotech
- Wuxi Biologics
For additional details, please visit
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also be interested in the following titles:
- Antibody Contract Manufacturing Market, 2020 – 2030
- Antibody Drug Conjugates Market (5th Edition), 2019-2030
- Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs) – Linker and Conjugation Technologies Market, 2019-2030
About Roots Analysis
Roots Analysis is one of the fastest growing market research companies, sharing fresh and independent perspectives in the bio-pharmaceutical industry. The in-depth research, analysis and insights are driven by an experienced leadership team which has gained many years of significant experience in this sector. If you’d like help with your growing business needs, get in touch at email@example.com
Roots Analysis Private Limited
+1 (415) 800 3415
+44 (122) 391 1091
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/RootsAnalysis
Twitter - https://twitter.com/RootsAnalysis
Medium - https://medium.com/@RootsAnalysis