Although the surface hardness of the rubber extruder barrel is higher than that of the screw, and its service life is higher, the barrel will also be worn out due to long-term use or damaged due to improper use.
Reasons for screw wear of rubber extruder and repair methods
1. Reasons for the barrel wear of the rubber extruder:
1. During the production process, if the temperature of the process is too low, the torque will suddenly increase. Once the torque exceeds the tolerance range of the screw, the screw will be twisted.
2. If there are some fillers in the material, it will increase the degree of wear of the screw and Jitong.
3. The screw of the rubber extruder keeps rotating in Jitong, so the material, screw and barrel are in friction state for a long time, which causes the gap between the screw and barrel to increase continuously.
4. Insufficient heat treatment hardness of the working surface of the barrel, or incorrect selection of materials, will cause the barrel to be damaged.
2. Repair of rubber extruder barrel
1. If the diameter of the barrel becomes larger due to the abrasion of the barrel, you can bore the inner hole of the barrel, grind a new size, and then configure a new screw according to the new diameter.
2. After trimming the inner diameter of the barrel, recast the alloy, and the thickness of the alloy is controlled within 1~2mm.
3. Normally, the homogenization section of the rubber extruder barrel will wear out relatively quickly, so this section can be separately trimmed and equipped with a bushing.
The barrel of the rubber extruder is a very important accessory. When it is worn out, we choose whether to repair it or replace it directly. We can choose according to the economic situation.